söndag 27 januari 2008

On the hunt for Obama and Clinton

Long time not blogging - again. But now I decided to jump right back into it, since I´m doing an exciting journey, covering some of the US primary elections for TT.
After three days and very many texts from South Carolina I´m about to fly up to New York. But first a few reflections:
-Barack Obama is an extremely inspiring speaker. I thought the roof would fly off when he gave his victory speach last night here in Columbia. While going to the convention center I heard calls from all over the city going "Fired up, ready to go". I got goose bumps, because in Sweden I seldom see people so excited over politics. The night before I was trying to get into Obamas rally, but it was full. However in the long line people were singing, chanting and expressing such entusiasm that it touched me. Likewise was I toughed when I read Caroline Kennedys colum in the New York Times today, endorsing Obama. It´s true that the US more than anything now needs an inspiring, ethical leader that can unite.
-The night before the election I heard Hillary Clinto speak at the democratic stump meeting. She was also very impressing. She swept onto the stage with a grounded, positive Madeleine Albright-alike radiance. I got a sincere impression, she really, really wants to make this country better.
When it comes to the issues all the democrats have good agendas. Therefore this election is more about character and individual qualities. That makes it even more interesting.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.